SpatFree 113 is a new revolutionary product which has changed welding methods. This revolutionary product is non-toxic, non-flammable, non-polluting and Silicone free – water based Anti Spatter cream compound cum flux
SpatFree 113, is applied before the welding operation to achieve the following benefits .
Original surface is retained without any chipping and grinding.
Better refined weld metal with minimum gaseous & non-metallic inclusion.
Formation of less quantity of slag that does not stick to the surface thereby, removal of slag becomes easier.
Cleaning cost is drastically reduced by about 70 %.
Efficiency of welder is improved tremendously by about 25%.
Environment friendly product as there is no possibility of dust floating in the working place because of absence of chipping & grinding operation.
Safety of is also improved. Suitable for ISO-14000 organization.
Improved mechanical and metallurgical properties of weld metal, etc.
Metallurgical Aspects Of SpatFree 113 :
- The steel contains 0.01% to 0.02% Oxygen. The oxygen content in the weld metal is as much as 0.02% to 0.03%. Excess oxygen has an adverse effect on the mechanical properties of the weld metal (specially impact strength) apart from formation of additional Ferrous Oxide.The application surface should be free from oil, grease etc.
- Oxygen content in the weld metal varies with arc length, welding current and the type of shielding employed. The coating of the electrode promotes a shield of slag that is not adequate, even with standard quality of electrode, to have lower level of oxygen in the metal.
- The contact of air with the weld pool may also increase the nitrogen content in the weld metal and that is very harmful. In open arc welding, the weld metal may contain as much as 0.12% to 0.18% of Nitrogen, while the parent metal contains 0.001% to 0.008% of Nitrogen only. The gaseous inclusions bring down the impact strength of the weld metal which in turn causes weld failure.
- The coating of SpatFree 113 helps to remove this problem, in the weld pool. This coating acts as a flux when the arc is formed, developing a film over the weld metal. This film protects this weld pool from the surrounding air, which is by and large very active, thus minimizing the reaction of Nitrogen and oxygen with the surrounding area. This action helps to get a clean and dense weld with improved mechanical and metallurgical properties.
SpatFree 113 can be applied in any kind of welding including manual, arc, MIG, argon, CO2, etc. for any type of ferrous materials, including MS, SS, CS and all alloy steels. SpatFree 113 is perfectly suitable for fabrication of vessels, tanks, pipelines, boilers, industrial equipments, fabricated gears and pinions, etc
Shake the container well before use.
- The application surface should be free from oil, grease etc.
- Apply SpatFree 113 in a thin & uniform film with any brush or sprayed with a spray gun, on the both sides of welding surface any time before welding. ( Around 3 – 4 inches where spatters are expected )
- Start welding after complete drying of SpatFree 113 applied on the metal surface to be welded.
- Any time after welding, remove the SpatFree 113 film along with welding spatter particles using a separate dry brush or fresh cloth.
SpatFree 113 can be used for metal plate gas cutting operation to get rid of metal particles generated during cutting.
SpatFree 113 CAN BE APPLIED ON ANY METAL AND FOR ANY TYPE OF WELDING
APPLY SpatFree 113 ANY TIME BEFORE WELDING & CLEAN IT ANY TIME AFTER WELDING.